Helping you manage stress and anxiety.
For many people, Christmas and New Year celebrations bring experiences of fun, joy, laughter and love.
However, for others, Christmas and New Year brings stress, anxiety, money worries, relationship challenges, career concerns, changes, and so much more.
We find at times that we become so stressed inside, that by Christmas time, we can often spend the first few days, poorly and suffering from illness, when we begin our festive holiday period.
By the time people recover, they realise it’s time to go back to work, and find themselves on the treadmill of life.
So this year, I felt it may be helpful if I provide an insight on how to help release the stress and tension with the sharing of some tips and techniques leading up to Christmas and the New Year.
This weeks exercise is designed to help you relax your state of mind and release tension and stress through your breathing.
Allow yourself 10-15 minutes a day to practice the exercise below
Releasing tension, stress and unwanted feelings through your breathing.
- Allow yourself to put down any distractions, such as your phone, switch the TV off and ensure you are in a quiet space. Also, Switch your phone on to silent
- Draw your attention to your breathing, and if you wish, close your eyes.
- As you breath in and out, see if you can notice the temperature of the air you breath in through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
- Allow yourself to breath gently, and as you do so, begin to imagine the air you breath in is beginning to circulate your whole body.
- As you breath out, imagine you are exhaling any unwanted feelings, tension or stress.
- As you do so, once you begin to feel calmer in your mind, begin to allow yourself to drift to a safe place of peace and tranquility.
- Take your time to enjoy your peaceful place
- As you find you are beginning to relax, imagine you are inhaling fresh cleansing air that is circulating you whole body.
Try and allocate time to practice this breathing exercise at least twice a day. This will help you to release unwanted feelings through your breathing, so you can make room for more positive feelings.
If for whatever reason you feel you need more support and wish to address any stress or anxiety worries, please don’t hesitate to either phone 08001123838, or email email@example.com for a free consultation.
Jonathan Kattenberg DipPFS, CII Cert (MP), PG Cert (Clin. Hyp.)